Supporting Teachers’ Initiatives Project (STIP) provides grants to the teachers who have been finalists of the National Teacher Prize. Grants are designed to support teachers in implementing initiatives enhancing their teaching practices and students learning outcomes by acquiring relevant resources, new knowledge/skill and/or experiences. Funding is provisional and depends on the proposer’s compliance with the grant criteria.
Grants are created in cooperation with the National Teacher Prize (part of the Global Teacher Prize), which was conducted for the first time in Georgia in 2017.
As the main criteria, the project should relate to the enhancement of the teaching practice of the teacher in his or her discipline in the school where he or she is engaged. Projects should also meet the following criteria:
- Outline the challenges in the practice of educating teachers and provide specific evidence
- Set respective and specific improvement targets based on the existing situation
- Define performance improvement measurement indicators and sources of verification
- Describe specific strategies for performance improvement and provide relevant arguments
- Contain ways and methods to widely disseminate good practice